Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Promises are meant to be broken" and my 2010 promises

"One must have a good memory to be able to keep the promises that one makes"
--Friedrich Nietzsche
"Promises are like the full moon, if they are not kept at once they diminish day by day"
--German Proverb
“Better a broken promise than none at all.”
--Mark Twain

Its always good to refer to previous experiences when you do a research. This doesn't only make you fair but also eliminates the reinventing the wheel problem! Well, this is what I learned from my graduate studies :-)
So, what is this about promises today? Well, you know its the time of the year when you have vacations and enjoy with family and friends... and start thinking about the next year. Make some rough plans probably for the upcoming year. Here is what I am promising-
  1. By January 1, find two potential MS research topics and draw an outline of each!
  2. By January 1, reduce 1kg weight!
What's next? Well, I have a vision of the future but trying to be agile here. Not doing lot of useless upfront thinking and leaving it up to the retrospect session on January 1 :-) I believe agile works and so if I can follow the spirits, I should be able to reach my vision on time.
My readers can wait till Jan 1 to get the retrospect report! I will be blatant and truthful (and this is a promise!).